Thursday 14 March 2013

Best Treatments for Canker Sores

Canker sores are a type of small ulcers that are formed inside the mouth. These are usually open sores that can be shallow or deep. It is also possible to have one or more sores at a time. These sores grow in clusters.  

Here are some of the best treatment options for canker sores:

Medicines: Pain killers can be prescribed to you to reduce the pain in your mouth. It can be in the form of a gel, cream or even a mouthwash. Steroid medicine can be taken to reduce the swelling, redness and even pain. You can also take supplements in consultation with your doctor which help in treating the canker sores fast. 

Change in Food Habits: For treating canker sores, you should avoid taking dry, crunchy and salted foods which include popcorn, dry toast and chips as these aggravate the pain caused due to canker sores. You should also stop drinking foods and drinks which have citric acid such as orange juice, grapefruit, lemons and limes as these can worsen the pain or result in the formation of more sores. You should should eat plain and soft foods until the sore is healed. 

Take Proper Care of your Mouth: You should take proper care of your mouth by gently brushing your tongue and teeth every day by using a soft toothbrush. People having dentures should clean it on a regular basis.

Golden Seal Mouth Rinse: You should make use of a Golden seal mouth rinse which can be prepared by mixing one cup of warm water and one quarter teaspoon of salt with one half teaspoon of one capsule of golden seal powder. 

B-Complex Vitamin Supplement: Take a dose B-100 B complex vitamin supplement on a daily basis. You can also apply a tincture of propolis on the affected area. It is easily found in the health food stores. 

Alum Powder: You can also apply alum powder on the canker sores. It is easily available in the spice sections of the stores. In the beginning, you may feel a burning sensation, but the application of alum powder helps in healing the sores very fast. A piece of alum can also be directly placed on the affected areas to get immediate relief from the pain. It is recommended to use this treatment twice daily. 

Plum Juice: You can make use of plum juice as a mouth wash. Alternatively, you can immerse a cotton ball in plum juice and place it against the affected area for a few minutes. 

Salt Water: Salt Water is another medium for treating canker sores. This can be done by mixing a tablespoon of salt with warm water and rinsing your mouth several times throughout the day. You can also do gargling with salt water to get immediate relief. 

All the above mentioned treatments can work wonders in curing canker sores. However, if these remedies fail to help and the sores remain unhealed even after a week, you should immediately consult a doctor and take proper medication for the same.

1 comment:

Mary Lora said...

Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.Ehiaguna the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.Ehiaguna write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.Ehiaguna instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073908953. And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC